October 07, 2015

Upcycled Tide Pod Pumpkins!

A while back I was on a crafty spree and I asked Facebook to give me their unwanted containers and boxes with the intention of re-purposing them. One friend gave me a few Tide Pod containers and I immediately knew they would become pumpkins!



I had a heck of a time getting the labels off in the bathtub until I decided to try Goo Gone, then it was easy! After I washed them, I used a retired punch to make triangle pennants with Stampin' Up's black glimmer paper, and mod podged them straight on to the containers. Easy.

The glimmer paper was the perfect touch, much more Halloweeny than flat black. Of course, I thought the pumpkins looked even better in the dark with an electronic tea light inside.



These are going to be a cute decoration on my porch this Halloween, and they cost me next to nothing!  They also double as storage since you can open them up - for now I have canned goods inside just so they won't blow away.




If I find some time, I would like to decorate the top too. Some kind of greenery or a stem or something. But I was eager to share this idea in time for you to make it before Halloween if you loved it.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Happy creating!

Your demonstrator,
Rachel

www.scrappyz.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment