July 27, 2015

Project Life card set

Project Life is so much fun and I love to use my stash to make my own cards to fit my style and my photos.  However, I am sometimes lacking in the creativity department, so today I got online to get some inspiration.


Usually I find my ideas from cards, no matter which project I'm working on.  When I saw this card from the fabulously talented Inge Groot, I fell in love!  I was inspired to create this set for Project Life:


I am really in love with the Bohemian themed goodies from the new catalog.  The DSP, the embossing folder, the stamp set, the gold sequins, and pretty much all the dripping gaudy richness of that style.  Maybe because I myself am Bohemian by heritage.  I actually squealed when I first saw it during the demonstrator sneak peek!  Something designed just for me - ahhh.





I stamped my sentiment on neutral envelope paper to coordinate with the background of the Typeset DSP, which looks funny next to stark whisper white.  And yes, I butchered my stamp to separate the sentiment from the border. It's easier to ink it up separately that way, still be able to use both parts together or individually.  It's like getting two stamps for one.   Not pretty, but very functional.



Envelope paper is one of my most favorite new products this year.  It stamps just as well as regular cardstock and comes in great colors, and yet it's less expensive.  That's what's layered here with the vellum.  I used the Project Life framelits so that these two layers would match up exactly, and the envelope paper made it much less bulky than two layers would normally be.


Pocket albums make memory keeping so easy, and getting to design your own pocket cards is a good compromise for people like me who like old fashioned scrapbooking.  Leave a comment if you like it or have anything of your own to share!

Here are the supplies I used today:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




I just got back from the SU convention and I can't wait to share what I saw and learned!

Happy creating!
www.scrappyz.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment