June 20, 2015

Great masculine cards

We had a great time at our Man Card BOGO!

We made 4 masculine cards, perfect for Father' Day, and decorated a case to keep them handy.






We actually did a variation on the right-side card, which everyone liked better, but I didn't get a picture of that one. We started with an Island Indigo card base, punching stars into the Crumb Cake layer so the blue showed through. We made the diagonal stripe out of Soft Suede instead of the blue, because it looks more like real suede in that color when you use this technique. The technique is to take a bone folder and break all the fibers in the paper until it starts splitting into two layers. Think of curling balloon ribbon. When you carefully peel apart the layers, the result is a soft suede look on the paper! I'm sure there are some awesome video tutorials out there for this technique, but I don't know what to call it.

I also gave away $120 in FREE merchandise!! Wow!  If you missed my BOGO, you'll have another chance soon. Don't forget you get $50 more to spend when you book a party.

Today I decided to make some more Father's Day cards, including these.


The card pictured on the right reminds me of Whataburger... haha!  That's Delightful Dijon envelope paper, but next to Island Indigo it takes on an orange-y hue.

All of these cards were made using this awesome versatile stamp set:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy creating!
www.scrappyz.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment