June 27, 2015

A Whole Lot of Lovely

I couldn't wait to try out a new stamp set I got, called A Whole Lot of Lovely - it's a hostess set so you can only get it if you host a workshop.

A friend of mine was having a birthday party, and the theme was gold!  So I put this together.


I love how easy it is to layer round stamps that fit into my punches and framelits! But this was missing something. I added (retired) Stacked With Love washi tape and loved it. Sometimes all it takes to redeem your papercraft is one tiny touch!



(I was in a hurry so I gave this card to my friend before I got a picture. But I liked the card so well I went ahead and made another one, and that's what I'm sharing with you here. :)

Here's another thing I made with this hostess set:

I know, I know. It's super vain to make a "you're so lovely" scrapbook page about yourSELF! But seriously, I should be in my scrapbooks too, not just my kids!  (and occasionally my husband)  This page was inspired by a card from Janet.  Did you realize how much easier it is to copy a card layout for a scrapbook page than to try and actually activate the creativity section of your brain?? Lol


I also saw (and loved) a card from Susan using this hostess set, and I'm a scrapper so I made this:


 I'm pretty excited about this brick wall. It looks just like I envisioned. I embossed first using the new brick wall embossing folder, and I went over all the cracks with crystal effects and white embossing powder. I did it sloppy and I did NOT use my embossing buddy (for shame!) to get this grungy look. Gotta say, when I put the heat gun to it, the powder kind of boiled. So, not sure if the manufacturer intended Crystal Effects to be used with heat. But nothing burst into flames, and it looks so much like mortar, I'd say it was a success.



The embossing folder is 6x6 so MUCH better for scrapbookers.  Yay!  One word of caution: use care when cranking these larger embossing folders through your Big Shot, because it is the same width as the opening on your machine. Which means that if you try to crank the folder through crooked, you will bend it. (Happened to my friend.) So don't do it. Not hard. And totally worth it.

Supplies list:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Happy creating!
www.scrappyz.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment