April 05, 2017

How to Stamp on Glimmer Paper

Well... I'm not sure it's possible! But there is a way to fake the look! I love bling, and it really makes for an extra special project!

This is what some of swaps I made for OnStage look like, featuring the Weather Together bundle from Stampin Up.


First, I stamped the umbrella image on a small piece of whisper white cardstock using Pool Party ink. Once the ink was dry, I pressed the cardstock right into my Versamark ink pad, checking to see that the entire image was covered with a shiny layer of ink. I did that before die cutting it so I could hold onto the edge without leaving a fingerprint.

Next, I poured heat and stick powder over the ink and heat set it until it became shiny and sticky. (I learned a very helpful tip at my team meeting when using the heat tool - use a clothes pin to prevent anything from blowing away and keep you from burning your fingertips!)

After that they were ready for the Dazzling Diamonds glitter! I dumped mine into a food storage container, and pressed my stamped image face down into it. This prevents the glitter from getting everywhere.

Then heat set it once more to "seal" the glitter a little better - there's no visual change to let you know when it's "done" so just use your judgement.




If you've ever looked in the catalog and wondered, "Why are there two different white embossing powders?" This is why! One is actually Heat and Stick powder and this is how it's used. I make sure to label each pot with a Sharpie when they arrive so I can easily tell them apart at a glance!

Then I used my Big Shot to die cut the umbrella shape, which I applied with Dimensionals over the handle stamped in Smokey Slate. The white cardstock measures 2 1/2 x 4" and it's layered onto a Smokey Slate mat measuring 2 3/4 x 4 1/4. 

For the background I used the Pool Party sheet of raindrops from A Little Foxy designer paper stack. At the bottom I stamped my sentiment in Delightful Dijon from Me=Grateful.

Here's a video of my process.


I'm really happy with the sparkly outcome of this project and I hope you enjoy this technique at home!

Happy creating!
Your demonstrator,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment