June 11, 2015

Scrapbook Pages

Yesterday I was working on scrapbook pages.  I was really excited to use some of my new stamps and accessories, and also say goodbye to some retired ones before my BOGO.  I used some of the old papers I've had lying around, and scratched the surface of my never-ending stash of "pictures to be scrapped." Even though there are more efficient systems out there for memory keeping, like Project Life, I will still always love doing traditional layouts. I can't wait to share the Project Life pages I've got coming, but nothing beats a good old fashioned scrapbook page!

Here I used the new In Color Watermelon Wonder - I love it - with my other favorite In Color, Blackberry Bliss. That's the retired Petal Potpourri and Skinny Mini Alphabet stamps, along with some Sale-a-bration vellum



 On this page I got to use the Little Letters dies, which I've basically been waiting my whole life for. Page titles just don't look right in sloppy handwriting like mine. This gives a nice clean look when applied using Xyron adhesive! And of course the silver glimmer paper and some brights buttons to finish it.


On this page I got to use my fun new fringe scissors, the new bohemian embossing folder and border stamps, and some gorgeous colors from the Regals 12x12 paper collection.


For my final page, I partially inked a sentiment from Big On You to get the word "pretty" which says it all. And for the date, I used a framelit die from the Project Life window dies.

I've been working hard to purge my craft stash for the past week. It's not hard work, the hard part is letting go of some of the great stamp sets and accessories that have retired. Of course I will be keeping a few, but I need to make room for the new beauties I've got my eye on! Plus, I need to have some fabulous items to put in my BOGO on the 17th, and how can I do that if I keep them all??

I hope this post inspires you to do something cute with your giant pile of pictures you need to scrapbook (or possibly print first). Just make it something you like - obviously I'm not out to impress anyone with mine, just preserving moments that are special to me and having fun while I do it! There's no pressure in scrapping, just have fun!

Happy creating!
www.scrappyz.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment