April 11, 2018

OnStage April 2018

OnStage is the biannual convention of Stampin' Up demonstrators and it is a BLAST!  Every six months, there is a "main" location called OnStage Live where the CEO and other home office staff attend. There are also locations around the world so that no demonstrator has to travel very far unless they want to, called OnStage Local.

This year OnStage Live was in Auckland, New Zealand.  As much as I would have loved to go to New Zealand, I opted to attend OnStage Local in Ft. Worth since it was so close.  My friend and teammate Stephanie drove several of us in her van, which is always more fun than flying solo.



In November, Stampin Up will be celebrating 30 years!  So this whole year leading up to it is so festive and fun!



When we arrived at our venue, we immediately started swapping! Before the event, I'd made up about 50 cards with some excess inventory I had on hand. As we waited in line to check into the event, we all swapped and went home with different cards from everyone! I am thrilled to have gotten 50 cards featuring items I don't own and techniques I don't know or wouldn't have thought to use. Here are all the swaps I received.





Then I checked in and received a cute, reversible Stampin' Up logo tote!



Inside was a name tag for me, a pack of three decorative logo pens, and a brand new stamp set! We got a Prize Patrol pin and a 30 year pin. I've saved my pins from past years and decorated my lanyard!








 Also included was this beautiful box and I couldn't wait to see what was in it!  I wasn't disappointed - it was a mini marquee light box! You can customize the message however you want! How cool is that?








After squealing over these goodies, I headed inside and took my seat with my team. There were beautiful centerpieces on each table that gave a little sneak peek into a brand new product!  In a 12x12 tote in the center of the table were brand new products for us to play with and create make and takes to bring home - waiting was such sweet torture!


Our teammates at the table exchanged little gifts with each other. I got lovely gifts from my lovely team - snacks, a cute glass water bottle, personalized bag tag embellishments, a shammy to clean my stamps, a retractable Snail holder, a bracelet with leather disc to add essential oils. At each place we also found a notebook/planner to help us with our business planning for the next 6 months. I felt SO spoiled!!







  

I was so happy to buy gifts for them too and create beautiful packaging with the Sweet Soiree suite.


Then we got to hear about some really exciting updates and announcements from the company. And let me tell you, there are A LOT this year!  See my post on the Color Revamp!


Right away, we got our own copy of the new catalog PLUS a flyer for the Product Purchase Premier. This is a special perk just for demonstrators who attended OnStage - it's a limited selection of items we are able to order right then and there!


Demonstrators were recognized for their considerable achievements over the year as well as since our last OnStage, and I got to appreciation and admiration for demonstrators worldwide down to my own team leaders! It was also my upline Jessica's birthday - so she was recognized and sung to!


We had a break for lunch. They provided standard as well as gluten free, which was perfect for me. We even got a special dessert to help celebrate our 30 year anniversary!


Several months ago, demonstrators were able to volunteer to receive products early to showcase them for us at OnStage. Several stamping demonstrations were presented - even two by my own teammates! It's great to see the products in action!












The air was buzzing with energy and excitement over all these fun ideas!




We also got to see several recorded videos from our CEO Sara Douglass and the founder, her mother, Shelli Gardner. They showed us some of their personal favorite products and the great projects they created with them!

Sprinkled throughout the event were Prize Patrols where certain colors were called and attendees  received gifts - I received the new In Every Season set!





Around the auditorium were display boards where we could view and photograph, laid out by suite when applicable. It's so nice to see these things in person and get to touch and feel them! There were so many boards - but here are a few snippets.



 













There were also display boards where we could see cards, scrapbook pages, 3D objects and more, many of which featured brand new product. There is no shortage of inspiration at OnStage!











Next came an all-attendee giveaway - a new stamp set called Pick a Pennant! It's so thrilling to win and this was a set I was very excited about!



At the very end, the allowed us to take home ALL of the supplies from the center of the table! I got to go first and so I chose the stamp set from my favorite new suite Delightfully Detailed. I also picked up other freebies.


Every six months, this is such a great bonding experience with our whole team! I LOVE getting this much-needed adult girl time! Everything feels so special and it's a giant celebration. So much to be happy about.

  

After the event, we stopped by The Flying Saucer to eat. An old college buddy lives nearby so I invited him to join us and we split some chili cheese fries! (Don't judge me, I'm pregnant after all!)


All in all, OnStage 2018 was another great experience and a ton of fun! I'm so glad I went, and did I mention it was free because I used my Flex Points to get it?

If you'd like to join us next time - it will be the BIGGIE!  30 Year Anniversary celebration! Anyone can purchase the Starter Kit for only $99 and you will get all the demonstrator perks! Click HERE to find out more!

I'm so excited to share all these new exciting things with you! Can't wait to get our hands on all this new product and PLAY!

Happy creating!
Your demonstrator,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment