March 19, 2018

Perennial Birthday Kit plus Alternates!

I had so much fun putting this kit together! It was simple but turned out gorgeous because of all the gold foiling. And this box is just so darn cute!


First I made one of each of the intended cards, because they are great! The pictures and instructions made this easy.

Next, I CASEd some great alternate ideas from other demonstrators that I found on Pinterest. This really got the creative juices flowing!

This one weaves the ribbon through the lattice peice.

Then I actually came up with a few alternates of my own. I expected to make a few extras, but was surprised how much farther this kit will stretch if you divide the card bases.

Added gold ribbon and dapper denim cardstock for base. 

 Added dapper denim layer.

Added gold foil sheet to mat the focal point and cut the banner in half.

It was so simple to add coordinating cardstock in our In Colors (which are retiring soon!) and I was really taking advantage of the way Stampin Up coordinates!

Added Flirty Flamingo cardstock for card base and mat.

Added flirty flamingo for card base and embossed more for the top. The blue strip was leftover from cutting down a card base from the kit to create the previously pictured alternate. 

This blue strip was also leftover from cutting down that same card base, and all I added was whisper white!

On these next cards I used the negatives from the kit - why throw it away when it makes such a pretty addition?

Layered a banner negative over a lattice negative. Used the oval negative after the embellishment was removed. 

These balloon negatives were cut down and some gold ribbon added.

On these next cards I added some Sale-a-bration freebies I've earned - the shimmer ribbon and the Celebrate You thinlit.

The calypso coral ribbon matched surprisingly well. 

I added some specialty paper from the eastern palace suite to coordinate with this one! I think it's perfect! 

I hope you enjoyed the alternatives I came up with and they've inspired you to go enjoy your kit!

Yay for preparedness for birthdays all year!

Happy creating!
Your demonstrator,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment