March 08, 2017

How to Use Alphabet Stamps

Hello and thanks for stopping by today!

Stampin' Up stamp sets often include sentiments that are ready-to-go, but sometimes you just can't find the words you want to use. Enter alphabet stamps! And say whatever you want!

A good alphabet stamp is a craft staple, and I really ❤ the Brushwork Alphabet.

Photopolymer makes it super convenient to place all the letters you need together on the same block and stamp once!

But I'm very particular and sometimes this places each letter too far apart and looks odd. So I came up with a work-around. This is my method for using alphabet stamps:

First, I place each letter face down where I want them on my paper, without inking or mounting them to an acrylic block. I only place every other letter, spacing them just far enough for the missing letter to fit in between.

Once I have them lined up straight (enough), I place my acrylic block on top to "pick up" the letters.


When you stamp your first step, it's a little hyroglyphic -y and can actually be kind of confusing. (More than once I paused and wondered, did I just ruin this?) But then repeat the process with the missing letters and it starts to come together!




With this set, there is only one of each letter, so I removed and re-mounted the letters that are duplicated in the words of my sentiment. (Another of our alphabet sets, Labeler Alphabet, conveniently has duplicates of several letters to avoid this!)



And viola! So much better than my handwriting could have been!

This process might seem a little laborious... but it actually goes very quickly, especially when you're assembly-line stamping like I was for this project. I stamped Step One on all the cards first, then Step Two, then Three. This project went together like a charm!

Oh -- and did you notice?!? These are invitations to my free Paper Pumpkin Birthday Party event tomorrow night! Don't feel left out if you didn't receive one of these invitations - these were just for my fellow apartment-dwellers in the complex where I live! The rest of you were invited via email and Facebook! I'm excited to open my house for this fun evening and I hope I will see your happy face stamping and crafting with us here! (Did I mention there will be cake?)

Happy creating!
Your demonstrator,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment