June 02, 2015

Where I've Been

Omg it's been a long time since I posted anything. On the 23rd, I was in New York for my sister's wedding and the following weekend she had a reception here in Texas that kept me busy too. Between the exhaustion of traveling with children and the observance of maid-of-honor duties like writing sentimental speeches and partying til 3 am, I haven't had much time to write on this blog.

Doesn't mean I wasn't crafting though!

I took my Paper Pumpkin along and did it on the plane and while waiting at the airport - I'm so glad I did because it was mind-numbingly boring at times until I got out my kit!

For the reception, I die cut a bunch of butterflies to put the finishing touches on table decorations. I also decorated the favor boxes and wrote the place cards for the head table.

I decided to make our gift to my sister and her groom. I never want my homemade gifts to look "homemade" - I hope that doesn't offend anyone. I just mean I want them to look really nice, like something a person would buy if they saw it in a store. I doubled up on the gifst since they were handmade. The first was the flip-book I posted about a while back featuring the Gratitude for Days kit used with a bind-it-all. I had so much fun adding to that up until the last second.

The second handmade gift I gave them was a little scrapbook using the Mini Memories Simply Created Kit that has been on clearance for awhile now. This project is something I started formulating months ago, but I had to complete it in the few short days between landing at home on Tuesday and the Texas reception on Saturday.  That meant sorting and printing pictures and coming up with layouts, which any scrapper knows isn't quick. Creativity is not my forte, but with the ease of coordinating products from Stampin' Up and the help of Pinterest, I managed to come up with a pretty flippin' sweet little book!


So there are a few projects to make up for lost time while I was away!

Happy creating!
www.scrappyz.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment